- How much does it cost to skate?
- Admission to skate is free.
Skate rentals are available for $20/pair.
Click here for detailed information about pricing.
- Is The Rink open on holidays?
- Yes, The Rink is open regular hours on all holidays (8am-10pm).
- What types and sizes of skates are available for rental?
- 60% of our rental skates are figure skates, and 40% are hockey.
- Sizes: Kids 9-4, Adults 5-14.
- Does The Rink have skate aids for children?
- Yes, our penguins and polar bears will help your little skater navigate the rink with ease. $20 for an hour, beginner skaters only.
- Is The Rink open if it's raining or snowing?
- The Rink will close during heavy rain or severe storms; for updates click here. The status of the rink is posted on the top of the homepage, and updated throughout the day.
- How long can I skate on the ice?
- Skating time limit is approximately 1.5 hours so that everyone can enjoy free public ice skating at The Rink.
- Can I leave the pavilion and re-enter later in the day?
- You are welcome to stay in the Skating Pavilion and return to the ice after a break, but there is no re-entry after you leave the pavilion.
- Where can I leave my bags/shoes while skating?
- Lockers are located inside the Skating Pavilion and are free to use. All personal items must be stowed in a locker.
Purses are not allowed on The Rink. Bring your own lock or purchase one inside the pavilion.
Bag check service is also located inside the Skating Pavilion for a fee.
- How big are the free lockers in the Skating Pavilion?
- Lockers are one square foot and hold a pair of shoes and a small personal item.
- How many items can you fit in the bag check?
- The small bag check container is 22"x28" and is usually suitable for 2-3 people.
- The large bag check container is 30"x40" and is generally suitable for 3-5 people.
- Can I use my phone or camera on The Rink?
- Cell phones and cameras are not allowed on the ice.
- Can I make a reservation to skate?
- You can learn how to make reservations here.
- Are skate lessons available?
- Yes, click here for more info on skating lessons at The Rink.
- Can I get my skates sharpened at The Rink?
- Yes, skate sharpening is available inside the Skating Pavilion for a fee.
- Can I play hockey at The Rink?
- Hockey games are not allowed during normal rink hours.
- What can I do while waiting for skaters?
- Are the Holiday Shops open on holidays?
- Yes, most shops are open on the holidays, but some will choose to not open or close early.
- Are the Holiday Shops open during inclement weather?
- The Holiday Shops will be open during normal rain or snowfall. They will close if the park is closed due
to dangerous weather conditions, or if there is a severe storm.
- Do the Shops take credit cards?
- Yes, most of the Holiday Shops take credit cards.
- Is there an ATM nearby?
- Yes, an ATM is located next to the Skating Pavilion ticket windows.
- How can I contact a Shops vendor?
- Check the Holiday Shops Directory for a website, or call 212-529-9262.
- I want to be a vendor at the Holiday Shops. Who do I contact?
- Please visit Urbanspace for more info.
- How can I get assistance accessing the Holiday Shops?
- Please notify any uniformed personnel, and we will provide ramped entry to all kiosks. You can also schedule this service by calling 212-529-9262x1.
- I’d love to host a party at Winter Village. How can I plan that?
- There are several options for parties at Winter Village:
- To plan a group skate or book a party room, call 212-768-4242.
- To hold an event at Bryant Park Grill, call 212-840-6500.
- Is Public Fare in the park year-round?
- No, Public Fare is a “pop-up” café that complements The Rink at Winter Village.
- I want to make a reservation at the Bryant Park Grill.
- Please call the restaurant at 212-840-6500.